Withing the internship program of CCBA we dedicate 10 classroom hours and 40 hours practicing the methodology learned by the adepts for a month-long training on Analog Forestry by the intern with one-on-one training with a Senior IAFN Trainer.
The main emphasis will be in learning the approach to ecological restoration which uses natural forests as guides to create ecologically stable and socio-economically productive landscapes that value not only ecological sustainability, but recognizes local rural communities' social and economic needs.
About the internship program
General Profile of Intern:
- 23 or older
- Some agricultural / life experience or post-secondary education
- Hard working
- Willing to live in a rural area
Each internship will last two weeks after which the intern will be given the chance to stay on paying room and board. Details to the provided based on TC chosen by intern. This will be handy or available at IAFN website.
- Introduction into Analog Forestry
- Organic production techniques
- Plant option (vegetable)
- Silvicultural practices
The program is typically delivered through:
40 hours of training at 5 hours per day and 5 days per week for 2 week (10 days total) divided as followed:
- 5 hours classroom work per week (total 10 hours for 2 weeks)
- 20 hours hands on activities per week (total 40 hours for 2 weeks)
- Practicing their skill in Physiognomic Formula, EcoEval, Gap analysis', mapping, signage, compost making, plant identification, grafting, etc.
- 5 hours work with local farmers per week (total 10 hours for 2 weeks) *optional.
Cost of internship
Costs of internship to be determined with candidate.
- Training costs
- Room and board
- Food preparation by the candidates
- A 10 page academic paper concerning Analog Forestry (University option), or
- A quantifiable community project (Community option)
outcome of internship
At the end of internship the intern will:
- Have knowledge of and experience in Analog Forestry (principles and application thereof)
- Have knowledge and experience of agriculture.
- Gain a cultural understanding of why Analog Forestry is important to humans and the environment.
- Receive attestation of internship from IAFN with training centre as cosignatory. If you are doing an internship for university credit, we can help with the needed paperwork and logistics.